Learn how to add a Derivita assignment to another course.
Tip: When you copy an assignment, the assignment settings don't come with it.
Once you have the copy, be sure to set things like its assignment type and due date. For a refresher, check out the "Adjust settings" section of this article:
The way to copy an assignment to another class depends on your learning management system (LMS). To learn more, choose yours:
- You must be a teacher in the class to which you want to send the assignment
- If you're sharing with someone else, they must be in the same Google Workspace organization as you. In other words, firstname.lastname@example.org can share with email@example.com, but not firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head to homework.derivita.com and log in with your Google account
- Under "My Templates", navigate to the assignment you want to edit:
- In the top right, click "Select All", then "Next", and finally, "Create"
- Pick a title, point value, and the class that you want to send it to and click "Create Draft" or "Assign"
Any other LMS
Copy the external tool URL
- Find the assignment you want to copy
- Open the LMS settings for the assignment
- Copy the URL that begins with "https://homework.derivita.com/lti/..."
In Canvas, for example, you'll find it here:
Create a new assignment that uses the URL
- Create a new assignment in the target course
- Fill in the external tool URL box with the link you copied above